|Antigua and Barbuda Customs Tariff Search Engine Instructions|
You may use this very powerful search engine to find all Customs Tariff, Tax, Levy or Item. For simple searches, information should only be present in one field at a time. For advanced searches (see below), you may search by using a combination of fields.
- To Search by Tariff Code, just type in the tariff number if you know it, or the first set of numbers if you are familiar with the section. You may also first search by item description by typing in the commodity name and clicking on Submit Query. This will return some items that you would then be better able to know what the Tariff Code is. You may then search by Tariff Code, with only the relevant sets of numbers to find all items that are similarly grouped.
e.g. To search for generators and motors, type in "85" (the numbe 85 without the quotation marks) in the Tariff Code field and then click on Submit Query.
- To Search by Tariff Description, just type in the item name, without anything in any other search field, and then click on Submit Query. If your search does not return any item, then you may need to use a shorter version of the name as partial names are allowed.
e.g. To search for Air Conditioners, type in "Air Conditioner" in the Tariff Description field and then click on Submit Query. You will not find any item, because this word is not used in the tariffs. Instead, you can type in "Air Condition" or "Air" and you will obtain results. You can then select the item that best fits your item and use the tariffs for your calculations of duties and taxes.
- To search by IMDUTY (Import Duty), type in a percentage in the form of a fraction (e.g. 0.20 for 20% duty).
e.g. if you want to find all items that have a 10% import duty attached to them, then type in "0.10" into the IMDUTY search field and then click on Submit Query. As usual, remember to remove items in ALL other fields as different results would be obtained as detailed in Advanced searches below.
- The same instructions apply to EXDUTY, CST, and ABST as for IMDUTY above, as the data is in the same form. Notice that the data is in the form of fractions with two (2) decimal places.
e.g. to find all items that are 0-rated for ABST, type in "0.00" into the ABST search field and then click on Submit Query. Your search should return over 600 items.
- To search for items by DLEVY (Disposal or Environmental Levy), for example for cars, air conditioners, tires, etc., you should type in a whole number from 1 to 10,000, as this data is in the form of dollars. Typical values are 10, 20, 100, 150, 1000, 3000, 5000, 6000, etc.
e.g. to search for items that have a $10 Disposal Levy attached, type in the number "10" into the DLEVY search field and then click on Submit Query. Your search should return about 130 results.
- To search for items by NSW for example for bottled juices, bottled water, bottled malt, you should type in a fractional number between 0 and 1 for cents per item. Typical values are "0.25" for ($0.25).
e.g. to search for items that have a $0.25 NSW Levy per item attached, type in the number "0.25" into the NSW search field and then click on Submit Query. Your search should return about 70 results.
- To search for items by TLEVY (throughput levy for fuel products) for example for kerosene, propane, jet fuel, etc., you should type in a fractional number between 0 and 1. Typical values are "0.1".
e.g. to search for items that have a TLEVY Levy per item attached, type in the number "0.1" into the NSW search field and then click on Submit Query. Your search should return about 23 results.
- Lets say you want to know which items are BOTH duty free AND ABST 0-rated. You would type in "0.00" into the IMDUTY search field, AND also "0.00" into the ABST search field. Your search should return about 119 items.
- Lets say that you want to find all the items that are both 0-rated for ABST and have a 5% CST applied. You would type in "0.00" into the ABST search field AND also "0.05" into the CST search field. As usual, you must click on Submit Query to complete searches.
- IMDUTY = Import Duty
- EXDUTY = Export Duty
- CST = Customs Service Tax
- ABST = Antigua and Barbuda Sales Tax
- DLEVY = Disposal (Environmental) Levy
- NSW = National Solid Waste Levy
- TLEVY = Throughput Levy (fuel products)